Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Two weeks ago I went to Seoul just for weekend. My coworker actually urged me to go to work that weekend but I already talked to him about this trip since a week before and I already bought a musical ticket too.

Anyway, I finally went to Seoul and met my friends (▰˘v˘▰). I feel really sad to be the only one who stay in Busan. My friends either go back to Indonesia or go to Seoul. If you follow me on instagram, you might know that I went to see Death Note the Musical.



I was totally excited. I really love musical, opera, and theater. Moreover, this musical was about Death Note. I won't lie but having Junsu as L has a very interesting feature in it. I am not a DBSK or JYJ fans, I was too busy drooling over L'Arc~en~Ciel, Gackt, and anime when DBSK was the heart throb of Asia. However, I know how awesome Junsu's voice is! (my ex-room mate loves him that I know about Junsu a little lol)


It was held at Seongnam Arts Center. I took the subway to get there so I had to walk for quite a while. The lobby was not really big and people cramped in it but the queue to redeem the ticket was not very long so it's fine.


I chose to sit at the S seat. It was at the balcony second floor. Koreans said that if you sat in the first floor, you can see the actors pretty clear.


This was the view from the third floor. My phone camera was very disappointing these days, so I asked my friend who have a galaxy note 4 to shoot this. I am amazed with this even though my friend said that it was really small (for a Korean standard) but this place was pretty ideal for a stage act. A very big auditorium will only ruin the performance.

The casts:



The musical story followed the original story too, with a twist at the ending. They summed 6 volume (correct me if I'm wrong, but L died at the end of volume 6 right?) into two acts that last around 3 hours. I don't really remember Death Note because it has been a while and I don't read it after L had died (≧ヘ≦ ).

I have to say that they are amazing. Their voices are so powerful. Surprisingly, I really love Rem (Park Hye-Na). I didn't know that Rem was a female shinigami! Her voice was really clear and beautiful. The first time I hear Junsu's voice, I was surprised. I... didn't expect his voice to be like that... (in a good way of course! I just startled! but he sang very great!) (♡´à±ª`♡)

The first act was really interesting. We got to see Light found the death note and started to kill people. There were not much L in the first act. It ended with Misa found the second death note. The second act was boring in my opinion. There were too many dialogues instead of singing.

Spoiler Allert! (The musical ending)
Rem wrote that L would die by suicide so L died by shooting his head with a gun after he confronted Light. While Light finally (still) died in the hand of Ryuk.

Until now, my favorite Death Note ending was the live action movie with Kenichi Matsuyama as L. It was the perfect ending that was too good to be true.


Overall it was a very great performance. I don't regret it a bit. This was also my first Korean musical. If there is another interesting musical like this in the future, I will totally watch it!


Stay positive, be creative. See you next time~


Gabriela Tio.


♥ ✿ฺ ART BLOG || TWITTER || BEHANCE || TUMBLR || INSTAGRAM ✿ฺ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib