Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

I think this is a pretty late post but this week has been really busy despite 5 days of holidays. Last week I went to Samgwangsa temple (삼광사). Every year, to celebrate Buddha's birthday, there's lantern festival at the temple. I could see a lot of colorful lantern being displayed on the side road everywhere you go. It's a big holiday for Korea. There was supposed to be parades but because South Korea is still mourning over ferry Sewol accident, they canceled a lot of festival and events, even though this lantern festival was still ongoing, the parade was not.


I came there very early. I thought that it's supposed to get dark at 6.30 PM but apparently it felt like summer already, so it was starting to get dark at 7.30 PM. I spent a lot of time just looking around and sat on the second floor.



I've never been to a temple before so it's a total new experience for me. I find it very beautiful, especially with a lots of lantern! Lit up or not, it was really pretty~

I underestimated the weather though. I thought it would be warm but turned out it wasn't Σ(=゚ω゚=;)
I should have brought a cardigan or something but I forgot T__T It was quite windy and a little bit chilly which made me crave for pork rice soup (되지국밥) which ended up as my dinner that day, haha!



Samgwangsa temple, all lit up.




Sooo~~ this is my outfit that day. I didn't want to look too much, especially I was going to a temple. I wanted to look simple but still prettywho don't want to look pretty, eh?

I bought this soft-pink-peach (seriously what's the name of this color D:) frilly top last year but actually I didn't really like it. It's pretty hard to get matched with the other things because it made me look bigger. But I guess the most important thing is that you have to feel confident wearing every clothes itself to look fabulous, so I decided to go on with it.

I really love this shoes. It just matches well with many kinds of clothes! And because the heels are big, it's very comfortable to wear for a long weary walk. Definitely not a waste on my money despite I had to live very humbly last month because I bought this pair of shoes.

Anyway, they usually held this festival for 2 weeks every year. If you are going to Korea around Buddha's birthday, don't miss this. :)

See you again!


Gabriela Tio.

4 comments:

  1. Annyeong! :D
    Love to read your blog gabby. I'm also an animation student! I hope we can be friends :)
    Do you study animation in Korea?

    http://japobsganbare.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annyeong! :)
      Nice to meet you, Mei ^^ Yes, I'm studying in Busan, to be exact.

      Delete
  2. I really love all the pictures <3 I would love to visit South Korea some time :)

    xx,
    felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ^^ do visit South Korea, it has a lot of pretty places :D

      Delete

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib